question

Hugo Deziel avatar image
Hugo Deziel asked

PlayFab EditorExtensions: Caught an error:Invalid JSON string

I recently created a new Unity project and as soon as I installed the EdEx and the SDK and successfully logged in I got this:

1st error:

Curl error 51: Cert verify failed: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FLAG_CN_MISMATCH

(no description in the console)

2nd error:

PlayFab EditorExtensions: Caught an error:Invalid JSON string

PlayFab EditorExtensions: Caught an error:Invalid JSON string UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object) PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditor:StateUpdateHandler(EdExStates, String, String) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/PlayFabEditor.cs:332) PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditor:RaiseStateUpdate(EdExStates, String, String) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/PlayFabEditor.cs:247) PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorHelper:SharedErrorCallback(PlayFabError) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/PlayFabEditorHelper.cs:128) PlayFab.PfEditor.PlayFabEditorHttp:OnWwwError(Action`1, String) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/PlayFabEditorSDK/PlayFabEditorHttp.cs:130) PlayFab.PfEditor.<>c__DisplayClass2_0`2:<MakeApiCall>b__1(String) (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/PlayFabEditorSDK/PlayFabEditorHttp.cs:95) PlayFab.PfEditor.<Post>d__7:MoveNext() (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/PlayFabEditorSDK/PlayFabEditorHttp.cs:177) PlayFab.PfEditor.EditorCoroutine:Update() (at Assets/PlayFabEditorExtensions/Editor/Scripts/Utils/EditorCoroutine.cs:103) UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

I restarted the Unity editor and I even got these errors twice each just by opening the editor.

I am using Unity 2019.4.5f1 and the Playfab EdEx 2.67.190520

I don't use the 2FA

unity3dsdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

It is a known issue that appears in some situations. As this Unity hub’s thread -- Curl error 51: Cert verify failed: UNITYTLS_X509VERIFY_FLAG_EXPIRED said, it may be caused by the status of the Unity server. Sometimes, it is caused by the network connection issue. Currently, we can’t reproduce this issue in our testing environment (Unity 2019.4.5f1, PlayFab SDK version is 2.69.190625). Does it still exist now?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Good Guy avatar image
Good Guy answered

Same error still persisting for me, even though Unity solved their error (which was an expired SSL cert). Playfab Unity extension reports "Unauthenticated" but I have access to edit title id, key, etc but not "studios". This part is blank now. Nothing has changed as far as my role and access ( I have Admin), password hasn't changed, etc. No reason for it to fail other than it started at the same time when Unity had their issue.

10 |1200

Ihor Lysenko avatar image
Ihor Lysenko answered

I was able to catch this when I changed the password on the site, now I can not enter and this error is knocked out @Sarah Zhang

I was able to catch this when I changed the password on the site, now I can not enter and this error is knocked out @Sarah Zhang

10 |1200

Ihor Lysenko avatar image
Ihor Lysenko answered

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.