question

Jon avatar image
Jon asked

Lots of update events

I am trying to see why there are sometimes a spam of update object events for my players

Player logs off game / client at 12:33AM, then 12:52AM there is a spam of objects_updated.

They are not duplicate, as the id is different.

The payload didn't give me anything interesting on how these events originated:

{
  "PayloadContentType": "Json",
  "EntityLineage": {
    "master_player_account": "player_account",
    "title_player_account": "title_account",
    "namespace": "myNamespace",
    "title": "myTitleId"
  },
  "Timestamp": "2020-09-02T07:52:35.4762124Z",
  "Id": "743447f5bc9b4c288ce2571b2a1abdab",
  "SchemaVersion": "2.0.1",
  "OriginInfo": {},
  "Originator": {
    "Id": "myTitleId",
    "Type": "title"
  },
  "FullName": {
    "Namespace": "playfab.objects",
    "Name": "objects_updated"
  },

Are these late events? Duplicate events?

update-event.png (44.5 KiB)
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I have your title ID? May I ask what kind of data do you store in Objects? If it is something important to the gameplay, you may consider modify the entity policy to reject the write permission of players.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jon avatar image Jon Seth Du ♦ commented ·

The title is currently just in development mode (internal testing) so write permission is enabled in the policy but it's not implemented on client side anywhere. ID: A040A

We use it as read-only data that is only updated from cloudscript.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Jon commented ·

I didn't find anything suspicious in your title. I have checked your Cloud Script, there are many places refer the function of calling SetObejct API, which is not easy for us to troubleshooting for you.

Since PlayFab is based on RESTful API and is stateless, I am not sure how to make the feature of log off, the session ticket/entity token will last around 24 hours after generated. We cannot simply disable a session ticket/entity token. I will suggest you disable the permission of title player account editing Objects, then handle all the SetObejcts on Cloud Script to see if this issue can still be reproduced.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Jon avatar image
Jon answered

I have the client side object update disabled. So now it's only allowed via cloudscript.

I just did a test where player logs in (which executes the login cloud script). That script will check some stuff then update the player entity object. (12:08)AM.

6 minutes later I see a "V2 objects updated" but I am not sure where that event is generated from.

eventId: 45df5f51e25b4fa59f649d7d99958c62 and d6100e0bce6d461a94251a98ecc1a478

Taking a look at the payload, they are the same write/update payload. There is no diff other than the Entity chain, event Id, date, etc.

Are these duplicate events?

events.png (41.6 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I have double confirmed and discuss with the team. The Obejct_updated event, like it indicates, is the v2 PlayStream Event. It is a duplicated event of entity_objects_set event. Will you confirm that each entity_objects_set event corresponds to one obejct_updated event? We haven't contacted the product team but it can be a partial release of PlayStream Event V2. Even though there is no ETA for it, but please look forward to the future updates for Game Manager to provide a better support of V2 events.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jon avatar image Jon Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Yeah they seem to correspond to each other. (i.e. for each entity_objects_set event there is a matching object_updated event). (Querying for a specific timeframe reveals exactly the same count for each)

2 questions:

1) do we get billed for 2 playstream events instead of 1 then?

2) why does the v2 event show up later than object_updated event? Sometimes 5m - 30m later?

Also now it seems this feature is disabled? I don't see them in the playstream dashboard anymore. However if i query for the v2 event or check player event history I can still see them. They just don't show up on the playstream game manager.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.