question

Darius Vu avatar image
Darius Vu asked

The latency to call LoginWithEmailAddress/RegisterPlayFabUser API functions?

Dear Support Team,

I am using the Free tier. Could you tell me how much is the latency to call LoginWithEmailAddress/RegisterPlayFabUser API functions?

Today I see that it is so long, around 7-8 seconds and this sometime happens. Is it better if I use the Standard Plan?

In addition, I see that in the Free tier, it is up to 100k users per title. It means that the limited number of users are 100k, is it right? Is it limited with Daily Active Users?

Thank you so much for the support!

Best regards,

Title DatalimitsTitle Newssupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

For a summary, the latency you met should be not related to the title tier. The main PlayFab service currently operates from the west coast of the US, so more distant locations will naturally have longer packet latency. This thread provides a detailed explanation.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/25998/latency-for-free-tier.html

For our billing plan, PlayFab customers on the legacy pricing model (MAU based pricing) will need to update their account plans to the modern pricing model prior to 09/30/2020 at which time MAU based pricing will no longer be supported. Currently, we would suggest you take our new pricing model as the standard. You can check this documentation -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/pricing-overview for more details.

Besides, the old and new pricing model both have no restrictions on daily active users.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu commented ·

Hi Sarah Zhang,

Thank you so much for your support. Could you re-send to me the available link? The link above about time latency is maybe wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Darius Vu commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu commented ·

Hi Sarah,

Today I got the issue with latency again when I login my app. It took so long time around 8-10 seconds. I see that this issue sometime happens. Do you know why and have any solution to fix it? Because it is really inconvenient if a player has to wait for 10 seconds to login the account.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.