question

1StepCloser avatar image
1StepCloser asked

Cloudscript Min Cost Per Call

1. The CloudScript Result sends back MemoryConsumedBytes

2. The best practices article mentions 128 mb and 100 ms minimum per call execution.

Does this mean that any call that returns less than 128 mb in MemoryConsumedBytes is "wasting" data?

I've been attempting to mitigate what I considered excessive memory in calls, thinking to myself that 1+ mb results are "too much", but if I'm understanding this correctly that is nowhere near the minimum that it would cost to execute an empty cloud script call?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The 128 MB has nothing to do with the amount of data returned (it's actually not possible to return that much data). It's the amount of memory used by the script, between the script itself and any data loaded from the service. And it's the default minimums from the Azure service in general, to be clear (if you look across script services, you'll find they're all around this level).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1StepCloser avatar image 1StepCloser commented ·

So is the presumption to not worry about this metric as a developer? Where would I be able to see this output?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.