question

Daxay avatar image
Daxay asked

Send playstream event in ordered manner

Hi, I want to send event to Azure queue storage in same order as event triggered.

For example,

I have one playfab queue trigger functions which added in Action trigger on EventA generate. So it will send that event data to Azure queue.

By doing this i can process event one by one in ordered manner.

But data is not coming in ordered manner.

So my question is that, Playstream supports event to send in order one by one or not?
If not then is there any workaround?

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Actions are triggered by the events in real time, however we can cannot make sure that the event data arrive at Azure Queue Storage in an order the same as how they’re triggered. As an workaround, each event contains a timestamp which you can use to determine their orders.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Daxay avatar image Daxay commented ·

Thanks for the answer.

I am currently following structure:-
Use Playfab rules to send event data to Azure queue storage.

Use azure cloud function to fetch events from queue storage periodically and send it to Azure service bus queue.

Use azure cloud function which trigger on azure service bus queue, and process it by user wise one by one.

But the main problem i face is that Playfab send data to Azure Queue storage in unordered manner.

Do you have any suggestion to process those data in ordered manner?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Daxay commented ·

Each event has a timestamp, maybe you can use that to process the data in ordered manner.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.