question

Onsel Akin avatar image
Onsel Akin asked

Storing global game related data

Hi all!

I am creating a card game and looking for a way to store all the card information on PlayFab. There will be approximately 50 cards each with 3 or 4 attributes. These won't be updated by the players, only may need to be downloaded to the clients from time to time (when a card information is updated, actually).

There are lots of different ways to store data in PlayFab from what I see from the docs and it's bit confusing for a newcomer.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Is that even possible?

data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

According to your description. We will recommend using Catalog items for those cards, and use custom data of each item for the attributes. If you need to state the ownership of cards, you may grant items to player account. If all cards are free to play, you store the deck information in Player Data.

Moreover, in the client, you can call GetCatalogItems to retrieve catalog data so that you may cache local data for client reference.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.