question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

can't create users with the publisherId

voxelus
started a topic on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 6:31 AM

I contact at devrel@playfab.com and I have the publisherId now, and I am trying to replace in every "publisherId" with the code they sent us in the class playFabClientModel (this class is the only one that have the set of the publisherId property, at less, is the only class where I can found it). Can you please tell us where exactly do we have to add this code manually?. I am trying to replace them in all the matches "publisherId", but it does not work,it read from the global database anyway.

Thanks in advance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

6 Comments
voxelus said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 8:04 AM

Hello again,

I put this code in PlayFabRegusterUser:

request.PublisherId="XXXXX"

But when I execute it it shows me the next error in the console:

Got an error: InvalidPublisherId

Regards.

voxelus said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 8:17 AM

By the way.... the "XXXXX" is the code that devrel@playfab.com sent us...

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 11:27 AM

Thanks, Peter. The system was updated to require the Publisher ID to be configured for the Title ID as well (to prevent issues/confusion for folks working with multiple publishers), so that's the info I needed. Now that I have that, I've completed your configuration.

Also, there is one issue with account creation right now - the check for uniqueness (username, email) is being overly aggressive right now, checking against the full PlayFab user list as well. We'll have that corrected today.

Brendan

kotorna said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 2:08 PM

Thanks Brendan,

Please let us know when ready so we can give it a try.

Regards,

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 2:43 PM

This fix is now live in the service - let us know if you're seeing any issues.

Brendan

kotorna said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 3:10 PM

Thanks Brendan, it is working as expected now.

Thanks for the quick fix and feedback.

Regards!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.