question

Matt avatar image
Matt asked

How do I upload a legacy game server now?

Hey folks, the title basically sums it up. It's been quite awhile since I uploaded a game server for this title (AC50) - since well before the Microsoft merge and various pricing changes. As of right now, under the Multiplayer - Legacy - Build tab, there's nothing but a blank page.

I did notice an option to enable servers for the newer multiplayer system, I just want to make sure I don't do anything I can't undo. I did have pricing information already supplied, but the message there tells me it's missing.

Do I need to enable multiplayer servers on that main tab before I can upload legacy servers?

Thanks for the help!

-Matt

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

No, you needn’t enable Multiplayer Servers before you upload the Legacy Server. As you guessed, only when you want to use new PlayFab Multiplayer Servers, you need to enable [Enable Multiplayer Servers] on the [Server] page. For clarification, the legacy multiplayer hosting service has been deprecated at this point, so any studio that has never used it will no longer see that tab.

If you used Legacy Servers a long time ago, but you do not rely on it very much at present. We would suggest you consider using our new Multiplayer Servers feature. You can check the documentation -- Multiplayer Servers for more information. Please feel free to post the questions if you have any confusion about the new system. More information about the billing of the new Multiplayer Servers, you can check our documentation -- Billing for PlayFab Multiplayer Servers 2.0.

If you can’t upload the Legacy Server affects your Live Title, please let us know.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Matt avatar image Matt commented ·

I finished my server code quite awhile ago. Since then I've been working on features of the game on the client-side. I'm actually completely done with my game and ready to submit to the iOS and Android app stores. I was going to submit for final review as soon as my server was uploaded. I'm literally done with the game entirely, I truly and sincerely do NOT want to have to start over on the server side implementation when the game is completely, 100% done. What can I do to keep my implementation using the legacy server (which I spent a long time working on).

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Matt commented ·

We will try to communicate your situation with the engineering team, and we will inform you if there are any updates

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen Matt commented ·

Hi @Matthew Orlando, you should can create the legacy server's build now, please check your title and let me know if that works.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt avatar image Matt franklinchen commented ·

@FranklinChen Yes, thank you so much! I see a button now that will let me upload a build. This is fantastic news, thanks again!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt avatar image
Matt answered

Oh, I do have a question about the legacy servers. My game has 1-vs-1 battles. I built the server to manage many battles at a time. What would be a reasonable value for the Max Instances Per Host, as well as the Max Players within the Game Mode setting?

I just uploaded a build (looks good) with a value of 100 for max instances, but I imagine I could probably increase that a bit?

1 comment
10 |1200

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

The field Max instances per host must between 1 to 1000. Since every game has different computing requirements, you can perform a stress test to determine the maximum suitable number. Please post a new thread if you have any other questions so that we can better handle your case, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.