question

roger.olier@gmail.com avatar image
roger.olier@gmail.com asked

scalability

Hi!

I'm trying to convince my company to use playfab (because I think is just perfect) but they are very worried about the scalability.

There is any option, even paid, about this kind of things?

For example, i have been unable to play "fit the fat 2" (that is marketed on you social media as being done with playfab), so this creates a big concern to us.

Thanks a lot for your help

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks! We actually have a whitepaper that details out our architecture, as well as a 1 million CCU test we did for a major title developer, here: https://playfab.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/playfabtechnicalwhitepaper_2016.06.18.pdf. In short, we're not concerned about scaling to support millions of concurrent users. We just ask that titles let us know if they're about to have a launch, major user acquisition push, or content release that could result in an increase of more than 100,000 DAU in a single day, so that we can pre-warm additional capacity. Even without notice, our service would scale to support the increase, but a sudden, massive spike could result in slow response times for a few minutes, which we'd rather avoid.

I actually haven't heard of any issues connecting to Fit the Fat 2 since shortly after their launch (there was an issue briefly during the launch window, which we coordinated with their team to resolve), so the fact that you're having an issue comes as a surprise. What specifically is the issue you're seeing?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

roger.olier@gmail.com avatar image roger.olier@gmail.com commented ·

Thanks, that info really helps :)

(during this morning every time i tried to connect it said that I'm not connected to internet, even when other live games worked perfectly, But now it works perfectly :) )

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan roger.olier@gmail.com commented ·

Actually, it does look like there was a brief outage last night for that title, but it appears that it was the only one affected. We're working with the developer to get them a full postmortem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.