question

MoonHeonYoung avatar image
MoonHeonYoung asked

question about title display name

PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserTitleDisplayName (new UpdateUserTitleDisplayNameRequest { DisplayName = input.text } ... omit

I want to use the UpdateUserTitleDisplayName function as above.

I am trying to get user input from an inputfield of ui.

However, less than three characters cannot be updated. (OnError occurs)

Are there any internal limits I don't know?

That is, for example,UpdateUserTitleDisplayName DisplayName Parameter "a" or "aa" will result in an error,

but the "aaa" nickname can be set.

In my case, in the case of Korean, "가" or "가가" generates an error, but "가가가" is updated normally. How do I set up a one or two letter nickname?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

This is because, by default, the Display Name in this API requires to be more than 2 characters. If you have specific needs, please update Display Name in Game Manager, where 2 characters or fewer can be permitted.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MoonHeonYoung avatar image MoonHeonYoung commented ·

thanks

Currently, do I have to manually set it in the game manager to satisfy my needs

(one or two letter)?

Is there way to disable the limit of more than 2 characters of the api?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ MoonHeonYoung commented ·

Currently, it is not supported, it needs to be done manually. Though the request is uncommon, If you do need to store something shorter than 3 characters, I won't suggest you to use Display Name because Player Data can do the job perfectly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.