question

Bason Liew avatar image
Bason Liew asked

Development Mode And Live Mode

Hi PlayFab Team,

I had been trying to find the answer but it is not exactly what I had in mind, I have 2 questions and hope you can clear my doubts:

1.) May I know if I can publish my app to Android Play Store/ IOS App Store using the free tier when my title is still in Development Mode? If yes what is the difference between Development and Live Mode?

2.) I know the limit for the statistic limit for Free Tier is 300, what are the limit for the pro version? Is there somewhere I can refer to?

3.) Some newbie question for this.. statistic is like an individual player's save data?

Thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> 1.) May I know if I can publish my app to Android Play Store/ IOS App Store using the free tier when my title is still in Development Mode? If yes what is the difference between Development and Live Mode?

Yes, you can publish the app to such app stores using the free tier with a development mode title. You can check our documentation – Titles in Development Mode to learn about the technical limits applied to titles in development mode. Only when your title over the development mode’s limits, you need to upgrade it.

>> 2.) I know the limit for the statistic limit for Free Tier is 300, what are the limit for the pro version? Is there somewhere I can refer to?

For clarification, PlayFab new pricing mode doesn’t have a Pro tier. As our pricing page says, it would bethe Standard Plan. You can check this documentation -- Account Upgrades and Title Launches for the details about the paid account plan. Currently, the default statistic limits of every account plan are all 300. If you need more, you can use the contact page to submit a question for consulting.

>> 3.) Some newbie question for this.. statistic is like an individual player's save data?

We won’t say that Statistic is like an individual player's save data. In PlayFab all Statistics defined for players are part of a leaderboard. You can check this documentation -- Using resettable statistics and leaderboards for more details about PlayFab Statistic. If you want to store the data like player’s personal game archive data, you can consider using Read-Only Player Data, Entity Object.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.