question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

PlayFab accounts created with Google do not show in GameManager dashboard

johntube
started a topic on Mon, 19 January 2015 at 5:27 PM

I've been able to login to PlayFab with Google and I'm setting CreateAccount to true in the request. Everything works fine on the client side, I get the AuthKey and the PlayerId from the LoginResult. But when I tried to find the newly created players in the GameManager I could not find them ! First reflex was that I did something wrong so I double checked everything and then after investigating all players created I also found two players created with facebook and having the same facebook ID !

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

12 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Mon, 19 January 2015 at 7:49 PM

Hi John,

Looking at your title (Title ID 2169), I'm seeing a player with a linked Google account in the recent players list (the list that shows up when you click the Players tab on the left). It's PlayFab ID B0021279AB432B8E. Is that the one? Since it doesn't have a Username, Title Display Name, or Email address set, the only real way you could search on it would be the PlayFab ID. If you expect to need to support users using this flow, I'd recommend giving them a page where they can see their PlayFab ID, to give you a way to look them up.

Brendan

johntube said on Tue, 20 January 2015 at 2:48 PM

Hi Brendan (you can call me Hamza, JohnTube is just a nickname),

Yes the game's Title ID is 2169 indeed and the player with ID n°B0021279AB432B8E is visible in the GameManager but there is another one with ID n°C5F4BDF9290B4D7B not visible. Maybe this is because the first LoginWithGoogleRequest I made with the same email did not have CreateAccount set to true.

The player with ID n°B0021279AB432B8E linked to Google has appeared after while and not instantly unlike the ones created with facebook or registered with Username/Password. And I really liked the fact that a lot of data is gathered from Google (Google ID, Google Name, Google gender, Google Photo, Google Locale and Google+) unlike facebook but there is no way to get those data from PlayFab directly instead of re-getting them from the client side using the Google+ API. Should I add this as a feature request ? And if I extend the scope of the OAuth request to be able to get more data will it be shown there ?

Do I need to assign UserNames for the PlayFab accounts created using OAuth ? In the AngryBots demo, after registering a new account with PlayFab (username, email and password) a displayname is automatically set to the value of the username with UpdateUserTitleDisplayName. I was planning to give the users a way to edit their Credentials (username, email and password) or link other social accounts from a profile screen. I was also thinking of setting the email automatically using UpdateEmailAddress by getting it from facebook or Google and instead of letting the user set the username and email manually he'll get a password recovery/reset email with SendAccountRecoveryEmail. But this way the user will be forced to use the same email.

And can you investigate the other issue of two players having the same facebook ID :

CA1810469FB5CB6D and 56F1BEC55BF6D383.

Thank you for your time,

Hamza

johntube said on Tue, 20 January 2015 at 2:53 PM

Hi again (I feel like spamming/bombing your forum, sorry if I'm over doing it),

I wanted to edit my previous post but I couldn't it would be nice to add an edit feature to forum posts !

Anyway I wanted to say that I couldn't get the player with ID n°C5F4BDF9290B4D7B from the search bar but I was able to get it by changing the playerId field value in the URL (HTTP post var) of another player in the browser. That's all.

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 22 January 2015 at 1:43 AM

Hi Hamza,

There should be an edit icon in the upper right corner of your posts - it looks like a piece of paper with a pencil on it. Are you not seeing that? We're using FreshDesk right now to power our support pages, so if it's not there, I can contact their team to see what the issue is.

The player with PlayFab ID C5F4BDF9290B4D7B is indeed in the system, with his associated Google info. Looking at him in your title, I don't see any associated sign-ins, so it's not clear to me how the account was set up. Was your call to LoginWithGoogleAccount successful?

For the usernames, yes, the fact is that when a user account is created and no username is specified (as in many of the Login... API calls using CreateAccount), no username is added to the account. We tend to refer to these as "anonymous" accounts. We do indeed recommend setting up accounts with unique Title Display Names, and providing your users with ways to control that configuration.

The two accounts linked to the same Facebook ID are quite the surprise. Looking at our backend code, I can't see how this would be possible, as a check is made for an account linked to the ID, and an error returned if there's already an account linked to it. Do you have any additional information on how these accounts were set up, and how the Facebook account was linked?

And yes, if there are aspects of any social network accounts you'd like to have available in the client account via PlayFab which aren't already there, that would be a good suggestion for our Feature Requests forum, so that we can get feedback on how many developers need the same functionality. We do only grab a subset of the data though, so I'd recommend making sure to call out the specifics of additional data you need.

Brendan

johntube said on Thu, 22 January 2015 at 3:25 PM

Hi Brendan,

The 2 PlayFab players created with Google do not have any logins history which is weird ! I don't really need the logins records as a feature right now but I just find it odd knowing that all LoginWithGoogleAccount requests I have made so far were successful.

I don't really remember how to reproduce the issue with the 2 PlayFab players linked to the same facebook account, maybe I used two different Android devices but all I recall is that I was trying the Unlink[Facebook]Account button from the GameManager for one of those players which did nothing as it was created with facebook and did not have any other linked account. (I thought I could delete it this way).

I will post all my suggestions and requests for new features and PlayFab API enhancements in the forum section dedicated for that.

HL

johntube said on Thu, 22 January 2015 at 3:28 PM

I forgot to say that the edit icon is missing, only the "trash icon" for deletion is there.

I also wanted to say that the PlayFab account with ID n° C5F4BDF9290B4D7B appeared after I updated its username and displayname.

Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 23 January 2015 at 1:02 AM

Hmm... It may be that FreshDesk only enables edit for Admin accounts, which seems odd to me. I'll file a bug with their team about this.

Thanks for the additional info on the accounts. We'll dig in on this, to see how they managed to get into that state.

Brendan

johntube said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 6:14 PM

Hi again Brendan,

A new issue related to player accounts appeared today : Now I have two players linked to the same Google Account ! I didn't want to start a new topic for this or bother you with an e-mail.

Details :

old player : C5F4BDF9290B4D7B

new one : A87B7470F4AEDC76

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 19 February 2015 at 6:49 PM

Hi Hamza,

We had a chance to review this, and long story short, you managed to hit the service during the small window in which we were updating for the Publisher IDs. We've gone through the data, and this is the only account in the service in this state (it was a very small window of opportunity). If you want, I can strip the Google info out of the invalid account (not the one you currently sign into, using that login), but going forward, you shouldn't see this happen again.

Brendan

johntube said on Fri, 20 February 2015 at 4:55 PM

Brendan,

Actually after this happened I'm only signing in using the new player account ! If it's possible, please delete all players accounts related to the TitleId 2169.

There's also something else I already asked you via e-mail when you sent me the security update (removal of UpdateUserEmail API call) : what changes did you make that resulted in the removal of the username of the player accounts created with Google and the update of the ones created with Facebook ? I remember that the username was set automatically upon player creation with Google ! It was helpful because I could automatically set the displayname as the username (same when registering new PlayFab account, I followed the AngryBots demo) and use only displaynames. Now I can nolonger do this since I still don't have access to the GoogleAccountInfo from the Client SDK.

For the duplicate Facebook acounts I couldn't unlink any of them days ago, I got an error instead but I managed to do it right now. I guess this is due to the fact that they both have usernames now. The problem is that now they are unlinked but they have the same username !

Also don't forget about the Origination field. The Google sign in history (first sign in, last sign in) was fixed I think.

This is not a big of a deal since I can move back to using Facebook or Email during development but I'm just letting you know. This is not my way of saying your solution is not mature enough but this is my way of helping you...help me indirectly.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

H.L.

johntube said on Fri, 20 February 2015 at 7:52 PM

one more thing : player created with facebook (1C2F249ED7F92165) has username but the returned UserAccountInfo does not have the Username field set (null or empty).

Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 22 February 2015 at 8:36 PM

For security of player accounts, we don't actually expose a way (even internally) to delete user accounts right now - that's something we'll make available when we release the Sandbox environment to general use.

I'll have to have a look at the account creation flow using Google, but we shouldn't ever be automatically setting any username which could be visible to others to the Google or Facebook account names, since that could expose the real-world name of the user without their consent.

Both duplicate usernames and the Origination field issues should be fixed. Older test accounts you have may well still show this, but there shouldn't be a way to make this happen for any new accounts - if you do see this repro, please let us know the specific steps as soon as possible. Meanwhile, we're working on a script to update the users who have duplicate usernames, in order to resolve that for older accounts.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.