question

shouttree avatar image
shouttree asked

I received Playfab billing and don't know the reason.

Hello, dear Playfab stuff

I received Playfab billing this morning, it's 422.86 dollars. I only tested Playfab for a while and I think that's for free. I've not published a single game so I don't know why.

I noticed I deployed two builds in multiplayer servers, but I just tested them following playfab tutorials and there's no servers and virtual machines under the corresponding tab.

Would you please help explain the billing? And I will appreciate it if it's possible to get a refund.

Thanks,

Shouttree

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shouttree avatar image shouttree commented ·

I didn't find the way to undeploy the build so I changed the standby and maximum servers to 0 now in case there's a further charge.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct - if you look at the details on the July usage invoice you just received, you'll see that it lists out the specifics of hours consumed in the service. Also, if you go to the Servers->Total Usage page, you'll see that you had four servers running continuously until you turned them off today (by setting the number of standby servers you have actively running to 0). Also, as a reminder, we provide some hours of Av2 and Fv2 servers for free, as stated in the docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead) and the confirmation page when you first enabled multiplayer server hosting:

We strongly urge developers to turn off servers that they're not actively using, in order to help avoid building up hosting charges, as it is not possible for us to provide dedicated servers running your custom server build entirely free. And since we don't have insight into what you might be using the servers for, or when you're going to be testing, we cannot automatically turn them off (as that could interfere with your testing).

rsby6.png (80.9 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shouttree avatar image shouttree commented ·

Thanks for the reply. But I still have some questions.

1. The $422.86 are for July, but it was charged today. This means I still have another half-moth billing($242.08) to pay for August. If you charge at the end of July or begin of August I might find it earlier. Is there any reason for you to charge one month at the middle of the next month?

2. The servers are launched without any usage during the last two months, I think you should have some data to find that no one is using them. Isn't it more reasonable to charge according to the CCU or some other benchmark ?

Thanks,

Shouttree

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.