question

sperrier avatar image
sperrier asked

Cannot reuse email, I might have broke it...

Hello, several times I created an account with an email on unity, then I deleted his master profile by the project dashboard on the web interface. All this in order to test my account creation and logins. Although it has worked perfectly so far, I feel like my account has fallen in the in-between, since I can't use the email to create an account anymore, but I can't login on it and it doesn't appear in the players list anymore. I was wondering what I can do to retrieve my email to create an account again. I know others had similar issues, but I found nothing on my weird case.

Some information that could be useful:

Account Managementtest
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Using the [Delete master player] option in the Game Manager would have the same function as the API DeleteMasterPlayerAccount. As this API reference says. It may take some time before all player data is fully deleted. Until the player data is fully deleted, attempts to add the emails to other player accounts may fail. If you want to reuse the email, you may need to wait for a few minutes to a few days, until the player account is fully deleted. Generally, we would suggest you clear the login emails and unlink the other credential data before you delete a player account. Besides, you can use any meaningless fake email address as a login email when you do the test. The following post also discusses this question.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/14271/deleted-users-from-dashboard-causing-issues.html

If this issue persists for a long time, please feel free to let us know.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sperrier avatar image
sperrier answered

Ok, thanks for the reply. I will definitely use throwaway email in the future for testing.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.