question

tim-mcguinness-1 avatar image
tim-mcguinness-1 asked

Oculus Account Authentication

Can anyone help point me in the direction of any known implementation of using Oculus ID's gained from the Oculus API/SDK to create and link with Playfab through CustomID's?

I've seen regular posts asking for Oculus authentication to be added to Playfab for almost 3 years so given the lack of movement I'm assuming that's not on the cards for the feature request team.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Since PlayFab has not yet integrated Oculus authentication. A custom authorization server is the possible direction to implement that using Oculus accounts to log in PlayFab. We found this documentation -- Account Linking that should provide a solution to link the oculus account to a user account in your system. You may need to write your own verification program on the backend. Or you can consider using external authentication and authorization services.

If you want to use LoginWithServerCustomId to log the player in the authorization server, your server needs to return the session tickets and entity tokens to users at least. Players need to use session ticket and entity token to access PlayFab API sets.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.