question

Michael Coker avatar image
Michael Coker asked

What is the proper way to create a build alias?,What's the proper way to create a build alias?

I guess my first question is why isn't there a way to do this via the title management web page?

Assuming this has to be done as an API call, is it possible to do this through Postman?

I was looking here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/allocating-with-build-alias

I added a X-SecretKey header, but it seems that's not correct because I got a 401 Unauthorized. I can't imagine this is something an end user should be able to do, so why is the secret key failing?

I'd really like to get this working so I can use that instead of the "hack" I'm doing currently where I store the current build id in title data. Hardcoding it in the client is not an option because it will change.

Thanks,

Mike

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Michael Coker avatar image
Michael Coker answered

I figured it out. I didn't understand the entity model until today. You have to GetEntityToken for the title, using the secret key to call anything.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.