question

Hernan Zambrano avatar image
Hernan Zambrano asked

Playfab Unique Display name validation is not working

since a few days the unique display name is not working. we can duplicate name without getting any error

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Have you ever enabled the option -- [Allow non-unique display names] before? There is a warning message at the end of this option that says “This option cannot be disabled once enabled and saved.” Could you please check it on the title’s [General] page? You can navigate to [Game Manager]->[Title settings]->[General] or https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/r/t/[YourTitleID]/settings/general (replace [YourTitleID] with your actual title Id]) to check it. If you have never enabled this option, but your title still allows the non-unique display name, please let us know.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hernan Zambrano avatar image
Hernan Zambrano answered

thanks for the answer , nop i did not, this issue happens the other day too and i send a message but it fixed itself but this time is not working anymore , attached screenshot of my settings

1 comment
10 |1200

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Thanks for clarification. We can't reproduce this issue in the testing title, could you please provide the reproduced steps? Is there any exact Display Name?

0 Likes 0 ·
Johan de Bruin avatar image
Johan de Bruin answered

I'm also getting this issue but I think only if I call UpdateUserTitleDisplayName from the PlayfabAdminAPI.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.