question

vipulchandu123 avatar image
vipulchandu123 asked

regarding CUSTOMID CAN ANYONE HELP ME IN DOING ?

CAN I SET A SET A NAME AS CUSTOMID BUT THAT NAME SHOULD BE GIVEN BY THE CLIENT WHEN HE IS LOGGING IN,

FOR EXAMPLE :IF I TYPE A USERNAME IN USERNAME BUTTON I UNITY AND WHEN I CLICK LOGIN BUTTON THE ACCOUNT SHOULD BE CREATED WITH SOME NUMBERS OR UNIQUE LETTERS IN THE END

EX IS I I TYPE VIPUL IN THE USERNAME BUTTON IN UNITY THE ACCOUNT SHOULD BE CREATED LIKE VIPUL#123 OR VIPUL#124 ANYTHING

IA POSTING THE PICTURE

2020-08-11.png (264.3 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, you can. However, before you start implement the Login function, please refer to PlayFab official documentation: Login basics and best practices because we usually won’t recommend using custom ID as the only login authentication

In terms of your scenario, the auto-appending feature should be written on your own in the client. Basically the client will read the input in the text field and append a randomly generated number behind the input string as custom ID. However, it will be tricky to make sure if the generated number is unique, because if the number already exists, the player may directly log into another player’s account. We will recommend to use device ID and login with LoginWithAndroidDeviceID API or LoginWithIOSDeviceID API because usually device ID is unique.

However, I believe what you want to implement can be a unique Display Name. The custom ID and username (PlayFab can use username and password match for login) usually are inaccessible for other players because it is the login identity which only administrator or players themselves can review. It is uncommon to ask players to use identities generated from developers for login, unless it is for special purposes.

In addition, DisplayName In PlayFab is unique by default, and when UpdateUserTitleDisplayName API returns failed, you may generate a new number.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.