question

Darius Vu avatar image
Darius Vu asked

How to store the user's data in Playfab?

Dear support team,

I am using Playfab to store user's data in my app. Currently, in my app, I want to store the list of tasks of user like: task1 -> task3 -> task 6 -> task8. The list of tasks is different with each user and is selected from the app list or customized list. Users can add/edit/delete the list of tasks any time.

So could you tell me the best way to store data of user as above? What is method to store data like statistics or player title or other?

I am grateful so much for your support.

Thank you.

Player DataTitle Datascheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> So could you tell me the best way to store data of user as above?

You can store the above user data in the PlayFab Player Data. PlayFab Player Data can be written and read by the player. Clients can call this client API UpdateUserData to update it. You can check the documentation -- Quickstart: Set and get player data for the tutorial of how to use it. If you want to use any PlayFab featurein your application, you may need to notice the limits of them. You can navigate to the title’s [Game Manager]->[Title settings]->[Limits] -- https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/[YourTitleId]/limits, to check the limits of your title. If you want to use the URL to navigate to the [Limits] page, please use your actual title Id to replace [YourTitleId].

>> What is method to store data like statistics or player title or other?

We would suggest you store the player’s statistics using PlayFab Leaderboard. You can check this documentation -- Tournaments and leaderboards quickstart for the tutorial. Is the player title similar to the achievement system? If so, you can store them in the PlayFab Read-Only Player Data. PlayFab Read-Only Player Data can only be read by the client. So clients can’t set it, you can set this type of data using PlayFab CloudScript. Please check this documentation -- How to set read-only player data for the corresponding tutorial.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.