question

MrPixel avatar image
MrPixel asked

load in unity: country location for all players

good morning,

I'm developing a game on unity with a map, I need to display all connected players on the map according to their country.

if player leaves the map then you can't see him anymore. and vice versa if it connects

I would like to know the easiest way to do this using playfab?

Is going through the leaderboard a good idea?

Hoping for an answer from you thank you

Player Dataunity3dCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

To be clear, it sounds like you're saying you want to have a realtime map, that all players can see, that shows every other player that's in the game. Is that the case?

In order to have that be affordable, you definitely do not want every connected client querying for all the information about every player - leaderboard or otherwise. What you would want to do is aggregate that data on a server, and have the clients request either the map itself (the server could be a web app that the client gets a map window from) or else a set of data about "nearby" players (those that are near the centerpoint of the map the player is looking at). You could do this by using webhooks to send updates for specific events to your server, for example.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.