question

Darius Vu avatar image
Darius Vu asked

How to create a sub account with Playfab?

Dear support team,

I want to create the account management using Playfab like below:

- Master account (like parents) who will create account using email/ facebook/ google plus.

- Player accounts (like kids) are as sub accounts of the master account. Master account (parent account) can create some accounts for their kids.

If a parent logins the app then they can see in the parent mode. And they can control and manage their kids.

So could you tell me what is the best way to develop the function above using playfab? What is the method to save master data and player data on playfab?

Thank you so much for support!

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The simplest thing would be to just use normal player accounts, and have the PlayFab IDs of all the accounts a parent authorizes as a child of theirs saved to the parent's account. Then, use Server API calls (in a custom game server or Azure Functions Cloud Script) to query for the data in those child accounts.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu commented ·

Thank you so much for your comment. Sorry, I don't understand clearly about your ideas. Could you explain it to me in more details?

As my understand, we will use a normal player account with the PlayFab ID for the parent's account. But how is about child's accounts? Could you give me the example structure for that?

Many thanks for your help!!!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.