question

Ben Humphrey avatar image
Ben Humphrey asked

Playfab namespace and classes not found when using PlayFab SDK with Visual Studio (2017 or 2019)

Hello, I installed the PlayFab extensions (and even tried just the SDK) in a Unity 2019.3.12f starter project (URP and HDRP both tried) and for some reason when I set my editor to Visual Studio 2017 (or 2019) Visual Studio doesn't recognize any of the PlayFab SDK classes... even just the using PlayFab; line isn't resolved--can you help help me figure out why?

I am able to make it work in Visual Studio Code, but VS 2017 or 2019 Enterprise can't resolve the PlayFab namespaces (all red errors in VS). I first installed the extensions version of PlayFab, same problem, removed that, then tried just the UnitySDK.unitypackage -- still same issue. Then tried a new HDRP (was using URP) and also the same issue. The project dependencies clearly point to the PlayFab project in the Solution Explorer -- but magically it doesn't recognize them. Thank you.

unity3dsdks
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ben Humphrey avatar image Ben Humphrey commented ·

Visual Studio Tool for Unity 4.7.1.0 are used in a fresh new install of Visual Studio Enterprise 2019.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ben Humphrey avatar image Ben Humphrey commented ·

I found this works in a 3D project but not in a HDRP or LRP project. Is there something not supported in HDRP/LRP?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Ben Humphrey avatar image
Ben Humphrey answered

So I figured out this appears to be a Unity issue where 2019.3.12f (or maybe other 3.* ones) doesn't work for whatever reason. It works fine on 2019.4 and 2019.1 ones I tested. No matter what project type (3D/HDRP/etc) I used.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I will mark this answer as the thread is closed. Please feel free to tell us if you have any business impact on it. If 2019.3.12f is required for your project, I will try to reproduce this issue and draft a report to the corresponding team.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.