question

Max Guernsey, III avatar image
Max Guernsey, III asked

What is the best way to implement ad-supported bonuses/prizes?

What is the best way to implement ad-supported prizes? I think it is to create a container and then open that container after a rewarded ad is completed.

What gives me pause is that it seems like that is vulnerable to hacking because the opening necessarily originates from the client.

However, the determination of whether or not they watched a rewarded ad, itself, originates from the client. Thus everything that descends from this determination is, to some extent, "fruit of the poisonous tree", right?

Still, until thinking about ad-support, I was able to keep everything server-authoritative. So I'm checking that nobody's thought of a better way.

Is creating a container and opening it from the client the best way to generate an ad-supported prize?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We have an ad rewards beta feature we can add you to, if you're in any paid tier - just open a ticket with our support team, and we'll get it taken care of. It doesn't integrate directly with the ad mediator, so it's still trusting the client to say when ads have been watched. However, it allows you to define the rewards (drop table style, if you want to randomize - and you can override based on user segmentation) as well as limit the number of rewards per hour/day. You could do the same using a combination of Title Data and Cloud Script - this just wraps that up into a "featurelette".

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Max Guernsey, III avatar image Max Guernsey, III commented ·

Even if it did integrate with the mediator, the mediator still has to trust the client that the ad was watched, right?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.