question

Max Guernsey, III avatar image
Max Guernsey, III asked

IAP: Is all I have to do validate a receipt?

Previously, I read about an in-app purchasing workflow where I'm supposed to create an order, do the IAP stuff, validate the receipt, and close the order (or something like that).

However, this tutorial suggests all I need to do is validate a receipt:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/economy/getting-started-with-unity-iap-android

I'm sure there's a good reason for the other workflow but I greatly prefer this simpler path for my purposes. Is this really all I need or am I missing something?

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The StartPurchase... flow is for non-receipt based payment providers (Facebook, PayPal, Steam, Xsolla). Receipt-type systems (both Android and iOS, as well as the console platforms) use a simple call to validate their receipts/entitlements (and so, add items to the player account).

To be clear, you do have to set up the catalog in the platform in question (Google Play, for example), and you have to make sure your PlayFab catalog is configured with Item IDs that match the Product IDs we'll be getting from those services in their receipts.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Max Guernsey, III avatar image Max Guernsey, III commented ·

The fact that StartPurchase is only for non-receipt flows is really valuable information. Was it in the documentation somewhere and I just missed it?

I guess it doesn't matter, now, because the next person will find this. Thanks.

Also: You don't have to accept your own answer, with me. I always accept the right answer. It's basic courtesy.

As a substitute for accepting, I liked.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.