question

krishole avatar image
krishole asked

Can't find legacy multiplayer settings or server list?

In all of our titles where I used to go Build->Multiplayer->Matchmaking(Legacy) i think it was called, I can no longer find this option anywhere in the backend.

Has this been completely removed or is this just a current issue as our title depends on this?

I also can no longer see the old list of online games that appears when servers call serverAPI->RegisterGame

Have these features been silently deprecated? This is a pretty huge change if its not just a temporary bug. If it is a bug when can we expect to see a fix?

For reference if this is relevant: we use an external game server providor and this is on titleid's: E43A and F2A9.

Matchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Will you navigate to [Game Manager] -> [Multiplayer] -> [Legacy] to check the legacy multiplayer settings?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The legacy multiplayer hosting service has been deprecated at this point, so any studio that has never used it will no longer see that tab. Clearly, external server hosting was not taken into consideration, so apologies for the confusion. We're getting that re-enabled for your studio now.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

paulohanian avatar image
paulohanian answered

Same for us. Our legacy title "Raven" needs to still support that for external. Our new title Capitan needs hosting support.

10 |1200

Kittipong Kittipongpitak avatar image
Kittipong Kittipongpitak answered

@Brendan

My title : DF69 uses this legacy too, please re-enable it for me. Thank you very much.

Also, I have a question. The legacy service is deprecated, does this means the function "RegisterGame" won't work anymore on external hosted servers?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.