question

Martin avatar image
Martin asked

Unable to send group invites, Error: No group profile found at

I'm having an issue with inviting people to groups. I can create the group fine, I can confirm this in the log, which shows the message:

Successfully created group: sd-E07B6D14C217F909

However, when I try to invite someone to the group, I get the error:

No group profile found at sd-E07B6D14C217F909

The error code is 1298.
This is the code I'm using to invite to the group, using the UE4 library:

PlayFab::GroupsModels::FInviteToGroupRequest Request;
Request.Entity.Id = FriendId;
Request.Entity.Type = "title_player_account";
Request.Group.Id = GroupId;
Request.Group.Type = "group";
IPlayFabModuleInterface::Get().GetGroupsAPI()->InviteToGroup(Request, 
PlayFab::UPlayFabGroupsAPI::FInviteToGroupDelegate::CreateUObject(this, &OnInviteToGroupSuccess),
PlayFab::FPlayFabErrorDelegate::CreateUObject(this, &OnGroupsError));

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here that might be causing this?
I have checked that FriendId and GroupId are valid for the current group, so I don't think that could be the issue

Shared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

It looks like the reason that caused this error should still be the invalid group Id. The group Id used in the API InviteToGroup should be the Group Id that in the response of API CreateGroup. Generally, a valid Group Id shouldn’t contain the “sd-”. Could you please further check the code that used to get the group Id? Besides, you can find the group’s correct group Id in the [Game Manager]->[Groups] page. Maybe it should be "E07B6D14C217F909" without adding "sd-".

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin avatar image Martin commented ·

I'm not sure this is the case. This is the exact result I got back from the CreateGroup call. I've tried without the sd- prefix, and have the same issue. I've even tried with creating my own group ID from a random GUID in the CreateGroup call, but still get this response when using the InviteToGroup call.

I've tried looking at the groups page in game manager, but no groups are displayed there. Is there something special I need to do on this page to enable groups to be created?

0 Likes 0 ·
Martin avatar image Martin commented ·

I've actually been able to confirm that although the CreateGroup call returns successfully, and gives me back a group ID, or the group ID that I specified if I try that. However there is no group created in the [Game Manager]->[Players]->[Groups] page for that player. Is there anything wrong there, possibly?

0 Likes 0 ·
Martin avatar image
Martin answered

I think I found the problem. I was confused between using the CreateSharedGroup function from the Client API, and the GroupsAPI functions when using the InviteToGroup.

I've tested using everything from the GroupsAPI, and it now seems to be working. Sorry for the confusion

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.