question

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 asked

Purchase history vanishes

Title: FEE85

Account: DC938A9D59979C09

I did look at the purchase history and I could see the items the player bought.

5 minutes later I opened the history again and suddenly the purchased item name were replaced with "Item archived". But not all of them, just most of them.

The purchase history is quite useless without knowing what he bought.

Is this behaviour intended?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

We searched the corresponding purchase events in the [Event History] page via the Order IDs. Then we navigated to the player’s inventory, check the relevant instance items. We found the items shown as “item archived” in the [Purchases] page are all in the “expired” state. So this behavior should be by design. When the corresponding instance item is expired, the “Item” that in the [Purchases] page would be shown as “Item archived”.

Please navigate to the [Players]->[PlayFabID]->[Event History] (https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/FEE85/players/DC938A9D59979C09/event-history), then select the [Event Name] as “player_realmoney_purchase” to check this player’s real money purchase history records. You can find the Item IDs in the “PurchasedProduct” fields.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 commented ·

Ah, so the purchase history only shows items the player currently has in his inventory?

It's a bit misleading, as I wouldn't expect this behaviour. Some info or a tooltip on that page would be helpful.

0 Likes 0 ·
Luc avatar image
Luc answered

Please take this opportunity to not flag this as "by design", and remove the "archiving" behavior. It's an opportunity to improve your product.

It might very well be "by design", but CS agents across the board will thank you when they can finally see with ease what users have been buying with their hard-earned cash, even when those purchased items have been removed or consumed.

For now, I will implement a feature that stores a duplicate list alongside your purchase history but just doesn't expire them. Then I'll make an online tool on Cloud Run for CS to see that info in a neat list so CS agents can view it.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.