question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

Manage subscription based items

Hi, I want to introduce some subscription based bonuses in my game. How can I add the subscription using Playfab APIs? Does Playfab support subscription model? I have seen subscription model here on this link so I was wondering how can I add this in my game.

apisunity3dsdksAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

The Subscription feature is currently in private preview, which means that it’s not available to the general public yet. Please keep an eye on our Blog & Release Notes for any updates. If you are in the paid tier, you can try to request access of it by submitting a support ticket via [Game Manager] -> [ Contact us].

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

@Brendan @Citrus Yan
I have read on multiple forum posts that subscription is supported by Playfab in which the player charged automatically the consequent month if the auto-renew is activated.

Can you please link me to the APIs or document? Because I would really like to implement the subscription in my game.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Beta and private preview features are not publicly documented - in general, we finalize documentation in the public preview phase. This particular feature is beta - we expect to have full support for subscriptions in our v2 commerce engine in future. For now, we can only support developers in our Standard, Premium, and Enterprise tiers with the beta feature.

As to charging the user though, that's not something on the PlayFab side, as we are not a payment provider. For subscriptions, Apple or Google would be the payment provider. We simply process the receipts and check for subscription items.

0 Likes 0 ·
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq brendan commented ·

@Brendan

Okay, can you please share the rough ballpark timeline as to when you guys are planning to launch the new subscription model for all tiers?

Secondly, Can you please link me to document from where I can learn about how to link the Google or Apple subscription model with Playfab and Unity? Or should I only adapt to Google or Apple and do not include Playfab for handling subscriptions?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.