question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Searching on a user by email

When I search for a specific email address, I’m getting hits of everyone with that same domain. This is making it difficult to find my users, for customer service issues.

Account Managementgame manager
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We recently made an update to add substring matching on user lookups, as it was one of the most-requested features for the Game Manager. However, we have found that email lookups are being impacted, so we're actively working on a hotfix right now which will fix this issue for titles. We'll update here as soon as this is resolved, but if you're having an issue where you need a customer's account info and cannot find it in the near-term, please contact us at devrel@playfab.com and we'll get you the info you need.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

adoyon avatar image adoyon commented ·

@brendan

Sorry de necro this post but your recent update to the dashboard bring back a similar bug. It is not possible to search user account by email anymore in the new search query field.

We received a lot of request from player who lost their account name. Any idea how we can get the information now?

Cheers!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan adoyon commented ·

I just tried email searches in a few titles, and it appears to be working fine. Can you give us specifics? What Title ID is this for, and what are the email addresses you're having trouble with?

0 Likes 0 ·
adoyon avatar image adoyon brendan commented ·

My bad, it does work! :)

0 Likes 0 ·
behnam@ordibeheshtstudio.com avatar image behnam@ordibeheshtstudio.com commented ·

Hi @Brendan, I still have this issue with Title ID 5E0B and email test@gmail.com. the result is always the domain of emails!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan behnam@ordibeheshtstudio.com commented ·

Yes, because the service is trying to help as much as possible, common domains often get multiple results like this. If you search on "test@gmail.com" (that is, you include the quote marks), you'll only get back the two accounts that literally have test@gmail.com in them (one of which has more text ahead of "test".

0 Likes 0 ·
behnam@ordibeheshtstudio.com avatar image behnam@ordibeheshtstudio.com brendan commented ·

That's it! thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.