question

fredsome avatar image
fredsome asked

PlayFab Update

Hi,I see that when we try to use Playfab, before to upgrade the playfab sdk project it doesn't work .Can we make upgradte it with code? I want that unity build upgrades the sdk properly before login or register.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

What do you mean it doesn’t work, could you please elaborate on that? And, which SDK are you using?

BTW, for Unity, we have a plugin that provides a clean UI for configuring the SDK as well as automatically downloading, installing and upgrading the PlayFab SDK, you can take a look: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/unity3d/installing-unity3d-sdk

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fredsome avatar image fredsome commented ·

When i release the project to users,they can’t login and register with the app.I should go back in unity upgrade manually the unity playfab sdk and recompile the entire project and send them the project again.I am asking about a solution that can upgrade the unity sdk automatically for all users by code.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan fredsome commented ·

No, you'd need to recompile the project again once the SDK has been updated, as far as I am aware, there is no code to do that automatically.

0 Likes 0 ·
fredsome avatar image fredsome commented ·

ok,so you all ,you recompile your projects every week? Still after the release?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan fredsome commented ·

Yes, for any changes to the source code, you'll need to recompile them.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.