question

Vladimir avatar image
Vladimir asked

Duplicated records in Leaderboard - unlinked Steam account?

The problematic scenario:

1) I have a user first registered via the Steam integration - PlayFab account added, linked to the Steam account

2) User gets some in-game points and takes the position in some Leaderboard

3) The same user does not start Steam and logs in with the email/password combo - second PlayFab account created for this user.

4) Now he runs Steam again. He logs in with the email/password combo and his Steam account is automatically re-linked to his email/password PlayFab account.

Now we have the situation with two PlayFab accounts:

- one with email/password + Steam linked to it.

- second is the "empty" Steam-based PlayFab account that is not linked to the Steam account.

- there are two records in the Leaderboard, for two PlayFab accounts.

The problem is the Steam-based account does not get deleted automatically when it is linked to the email/password account - how to deal with this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Firstly, you could use Client API AddUsernamePassword to add usernames, emails, and passwords for the original Steam-based accounts instead of registering new accounts for them. This solution can avoid creating repeat player accounts.

For the existing empty player accounts, you can manually remove all statistics for them using admin API ResetUserStatistics. If you need to delete them, you can call the admin API DeleteMasterPlayerAccount. Please notice to unlink all associated info such as 3rd party platforms, CustomIds, and emails, before you delete the empty accounts.

We suggest to call admin API in your custom administrative tools, don’t suggest to call them in the CloudScript. Besides, there may be a few days of waiting time for completing the batch deletion of user accounts. You can check this thread -- Delete player issue to learn more attentions of the player deletion in the PlayFab.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Vladimir avatar image
Vladimir answered

Thanks for your answer!

Unfortunately I cannot use AddUsernamePassword - in my scenario email/password account is created when Steam authentication is not available (Steam not running), so I have no way to login to the original Steam-based account.

Obviously I can delete the "empty" account manually but I wonder why it is not deleted automatically? If it is a Steam-auth account unlinked from the actual Steam account, what is the reason for keeping it? It even cannot be accessed anymore.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.