question

Francois Boucher-Genesse avatar image
Francois Boucher-Genesse asked

Playfab emails only going to spam

Hello,

We're successfully sending emails using a rule that sends a custom template email whenever the contact email is updated. The emails are configured with SMTP to a gmail address, as we're using GSuite to manage our emails.

The emails are properly sent, but are always going in the spam folder (true for both gmail and hotmail).

Things I've tried:

- sending the same email directly and modifying the email content to rule out problems with the email body itself

- analyzing the email's header to spot any problems. When analyzing the header on mxtoolbox, the playfab static IP does seem to be blacklisted for at least one service: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a34.213.208.16&run=emailheaders

- tested with multiple email accounts to make sure the problem wasn't for one email only

Is anyone else having the same problem? Any ideas on what we can do to solve this issue?

Thank you!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

These three IP addresses are PlayFab’s static IPs where all outbound traffic are made:

You might consider whitelisting these IPs with your email service provider, or you may also need to configure the junk email filter.so that it does not mislabel it as spam email.

BTW, what’s your title id?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Francois Boucher-Genesse avatar image Francois Boucher-Genesse commented ·

Hi Citrus - thanks for getting back to me on this.

If I understand correctly, the check to see if the email is a spam is done on the side of the email receiver, so whitelisting these IP addresses in one of the receiving email addresses (let's say gmail) won't do much to solve the problem on other email services (i.e. hotmail).

In GSuite, we did set the static IP addresses you listed as authorized for the SMTP relay service. I should note that adding authentications with GSuite such as DKIM and dmarc did help for some services, but our emails are still marked as spam on some email services.

Anyone else having this issue?

Our title ID is 949B7

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Francois Boucher-Genesse commented ·

Hi Francois, unfortunately, that something we don't have control over, you may need to contact the SMTP service provider for additional help.

0 Likes 0 ·
Francois Boucher-Genesse avatar image Francois Boucher-Genesse Citrus Yan commented ·

Hi Citrus. Yes that makes sense. I was mostly curious if other developers here had the same issue, in case they found a fix that was specific to Playfab (like one of the static addresses being on a black list). Thanks in any case.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.