question

pixunegroupid avatar image
pixunegroupid asked

I get EmailClientTimeout after send email to user .

Hi,

I setup SMTP, and email template , i create a cloud script and setup rule to send email after receiving some events . this email most send to special user as a support master .
I get event and play stream tell something like this :

"EventName": "sent_email",
"EmailTemplateId": "F49713C3B13357E8",
"EmailTemplateName": "feedback_template",
"EmailTemplateType": "Custom",
"Success": false,
"ErrorName": "EmailClientTimeout",
"ErrorMessage": "SMTP client timed out sending mail to mail.kavehshahedi.ir:465",
"EmailName": "Primary",
"Token": "56BDB36D6B90CA98",
"Subject": "arabic unlocked feedback",

what should i do ?
please help . tnx.

@Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

What’s your title id? Does this happen all the time or just occasionally? Can you try sending some emails again to see if it still occurs? BTW, does port 465 of your mail server support TLS, if it doesn't, can you try port 587 instead?

And, we also tested from our side using port 587and looks like the mail system is working properly. You may also need to check the connection between your SMTP client and the mail server.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pixunegroupid avatar image pixunegroupid commented ·

id 2822C

the overview of this job is i wanna send an event action . to playfab . event trigger a cloud script to send data for specific player as a support master .
all things works well else send email to another player .

my smtp is gmail and enabled all security access that wants .

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan pixunegroupid commented ·

Did you try port 587?

0 Likes 0 ·
bbekec avatar image bbekec commented ·

Hello, I am having the same issue. Can you please help? thanks

"EventName": "sent_email",
    "EmailTemplateId": "BDEBECC08E65DEAD",
    "EmailTemplateName": "Password Recovery",
    "EmailTemplateType": "AccountRecovery",
    "Success": false,
    "ErrorName": "EmailClientTimeout",
    "ErrorMessage": "SMTP client timed out sending mail to mail.slingbasket.com:25",
    "EmailName": "Primary",
    "Token": "B5A71DCB6FC96282",
    "Subject": "Sling Basket - Password Recovery",
    "Body": "<head></head>\r\n<body><p>Hello, in order to recover your password please click on following link.</p>\r\n<p>Password Recovery Link: <a href='https://f70a2.playfabapi.com/EmailConfirmation/Confirm/?token=B5A71DCB6FC96282&titleId=F70A2&templateId=BDEBECC08E65DEAD'>here</a></p>\r\nEnjoy the game. :)",
    "Language": "en",
    "EventNamespace": "com.playfab",
    "EntityType": "player",
    "Source": "PlayFab",
    "TitleId": "F70A2",

0 Likes 0 ·
bbekec avatar image bbekec bbekec commented ·

I talked to service provider. they want ip address of Playfab to check firewall.

0 Likes 0 ·
bbekec avatar image bbekec bbekec commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan bbekec commented ·

Hi @bbekec, sorry for this delayed reply, below are the static IPs used by PlayFab:

• 20.72.226.112/28
  • 20.72.226.160/28

You can find them in Game Manager -> Title Settings -> API Features, hope this helps.

0 Likes 0 ·
bbekec avatar image bbekec commented ·

Thanks so much. "You can find them in Game Manager -> Title Settings -> API Features, hope this helps.", sorry i didnt know and i couldnt find when i check dashboard :(.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.