question

Yuriy Granin avatar image
Yuriy Granin asked

How to set up running servers to shut down automatically?

After creating matchmaking ticket for player by using queue with server allocation enabled, server staying active even after ticket was canceled without performing successful matching of players. Why? How can I set automatic deactivating for such ones? Also I would like to know how to "leave" server for players properly to enable the same automatic deactivation of servers too. Somebody please, help me to understand how that flow works - thanks you in advance!

P.S. Working in UE4, SDK integtation was done by using this tutorial: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/playfabgsdk_guide

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yuriy Granin avatar image
Yuriy Granin answered
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi, I will mark this answer as closed. Please keep track of your new thread and also feel free to tell us if you have any questions.

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered
@yuriy.granin@motorsportgames.com

This is what we do:

- To shutdown after all players leave:

• When a player disconnects, check how many players are left
  • If there are 0 players left, quit the application

- To shutdown if no players connect (i.e. match was made but cancelled):

• Have a timer that starts once the server is allocated by PlayFab
  • After X seconds (we usually wait around double what our matchmaking timeout is), quit the application
3 comments
10 |1200

Yuriy Granin avatar image Yuriy Granin commented ·

Great, thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Sorry, I tried but it's don't. Quiting the application doesn't change the server status, it's staying active...

Are you sure that quit app is the only thing I need to do to shutdown playfab's server?

0 Likes 0 ·

@Brandon Phillips

Can you give me advice, please?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.