question

philipbathe avatar image
philipbathe asked

I think you have a bug in your billing address page for adding UK addresses

Hi,

I tried to add a UK address but it said "There are some errors on this page." but nothing was highlighted as being an error.

I got around it by temporarily changing my country to USA which then exposed the state/province box with an error saying it was mandatory or something like that. I picked a random state and then switched my country back to UK and was then able to add my address.

I was also unable to add a UK credit card before I did this (it just showed an error and asked me to reload the page every time).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask can you consistently reproduce this issue? If it is the case, would you mind sharing reproduction steps with us so that I will draft a report and describe this issue in detail to the product team to help solve the issue on billing address page.

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image
franklinchen answered

Hi @PhilipBathe @DezGaetan, thank you for the report, we got the confirmation that this issue as failed to add UK/France address in Multiplayer billing page has been fixed and deployed to prod. Please let us know if you still see the same issue.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

philipbathe avatar image
philipbathe answered

@SethDu I was reproducing both errors a number of times before I implemented my desperate work around.

I think to recreate it you will need to start with a brand new client or studio or whatever you call us :-). So just one user (admin), with no current billing address or credit card yet added and then:

1. Create your first game
  2. Go the dashboard
  3. Click Build > Multiplayer > Enable
  4. Follow steps to the point where you need to add a credit card (I'm a bit hazy here because I have now since enabled multiplayer on my account)
  5. Try to add a credit card, input valid card details, selecting United Kingdom as country and providing a valid post code
  6. The page clears and just a single line of text (in red on a pink background) appears to say something along the lines of there was a problem and to please try again (I can't remember the wording exactly).
  7. Try again a few times then pause to sigh and wonder about life, if you really want to make a multiplayer game anyway, etc.

At this point I thought perhaps it was because I didn't have a billing address yet so maybe try adding that:

1. Navigate to the Billing Information page (again I'm hazy on how I first found it but I think you are on it after the credit card fails)
  2. Click to add contact information
  3. Fill in a valid UK address (enter valid data in all fields, the most important is that you select United Kingdom for country) and press Save
  4. Underneath the save button you see the validation summary message saying something like there is a problem with one or more fields
  5. There is nothing wrong in the form, but try again from the start anyway

After a couple of failed attempts I thought it was maybe the classic hidden mandatory field bug so switched my country to United States and I think State/Province (with drop down) was highlighted red - bingo! Note: for UK addresses there is a free text version of State/Province with no red asterisk

Happily when I switched the country back to United Kingdom I was able to save my billing address. After this I was able to add a credit card following exactly the same steps as before.

I believe selecting United States populated the state/province drop down with all the US States and also, more importantly, defaulted me to Alabama. This meant when I became British again the state/province had something there and so passed mandatory validation.

Of note, in my current Billing Information screen my address shows the word "null" where county would normally go (county is the UK equivalent to state) and this may be a clue too.

I hope that helps, I'm off back to making a game here in London, sweet home Alabama, England.

2 comments
10 |1200

philipbathe avatar image philipbathe commented ·

Oops, I should have said that because I live in London the State/Province free text field was left empty to begin with and then I tried putting in London for that field too but it didn't solve anything.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Appreciate your kindly sharing. I will submit a report to the product team as soon as possibole and we will keep you informed when there is feedback from the team.

0 Likes 0 ·
dezgaetan avatar image
dezgaetan answered

Hi,

I have the same problem. With France for selecting country. Exactly the same error "There are some errors on this page." in red. But no highlight on inputs.

I'm using Microsoft Edge (Chromium) as browser.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have the same problem. With France for selecting country. Exactly the same error "There are some errors on this page." in red. But no highlight on inputs.

I'm using Microsoft Edge (Chromium) as browser.

Thanks.

1 comment
10 |1200

dezgaetan avatar image dezgaetan commented ·

I have this error: "POSThttps://developer.playfab.com/api/en-US/studio/8D0DA0F899257B21/billing/contact" with

Key: StateProvinceUSCanada
Value: [ "State/Province is required." ]
0: State/Province is required.

But, I have selected France. And even if I complet "State / Province" the problem is the same.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.