question

Ian Oliver avatar image
Ian Oliver asked

CloudScript error: server.GetPlayerCombinedInfo is not a function

I've started trying GetPlayerCombinedInfo in my CloudScript, but it doesn't appear to work -- even though it does in my node.js test environment. I get the following error when I invoke my CloudScript handler from the client:

server.GetPlayerCombinedInfo is not a function

Is this a valid server API, but not a valid CloudScript API? Should I not be using GetPlayerCombinedInfo in my CloudScript?

CloudScript
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ian Oliver avatar image Ian Oliver commented ·

Barring any feedback, I've replace the single to GetPlayerCombinedInfo call with calls to other APIs (eg: GetUserData, GetUserInventory) to work around this.

Would like to know what, if any, differences there are in the CloudScript environment vs the server API documentation.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In general, all Server API methods are available to Cloud Script. There can be brief period (like now, with GetPlayerCombinedInfo) where we've just updated the main service with a new method, but have not yet updated the Cloud Script service. Due to testing concerns, it can take a day or so for the Cloud Script service to be up-to-date for a new method. Right now, we expect to have the Cloud Script service updated early tomorrow, August 9th, though if we can manage it, we'll have it updated sooner. Thanks for your patience on this. I'll also file a work item to close the loop on this, so that we can have an indication of availability in Cloud Script for new methods.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.