question

Rafael Souza avatar image
Rafael Souza asked

How am I supposed to use the group system?

I just need the damn Display Name of users, default functions ListGroupMembers, ListGroupInvitations etc... won't return this info, so I tried storing it as a object but now I see that objects are limited to 500 bytes.

How may I solve this problem then?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

In your case, you can use GetProfiles to retrieve a list of entity profiles using the entity ids received from the ListGroupMembers call, and, for each profile entry, read the associated display names stored in each of the objects. And, as a matter of fact, Entity Objects are designed for reading and writing small JSON-serializable objects attached to an entity, thus the size of it is kept fairly small by default, in your case, 500 bytes should be enough for storing display names. May I know how big the size do you need for your project? Can you share some details about your use case regarding the use of entity objects?

BTW, I assume you’re still in the legacy pricing model where the default entity object size limit is 500 bytes, is that correct? However, in the new pricing model, the default size is 1000 bytes, you can consider transferring to the new pricing model.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rafael Souza avatar image Rafael Souza commented ·

GetProfiles was my first option but it doesn't return the Display Name last time I checked, from my searchs it seems like the current Display Name is from the legacy system wich is apart from the Entity Model, unless this has changed ofc.

500 bytes is enough to store 9 Display Names in the current format I'm using but if I'm actually going for this approach I would like to store names af at least 50 players, not counting the ones in applications/invitations and blocks.

0 Likes 0 ·
members-info.png (45.1 KiB)
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Rafael Souza commented ·

Yes, currently display names in the legacy system and the entity system are not associated with each other. However, what I suggested was to store the display names in each player's "title_player_account" entity object, and use GetProfiles to retrieve multiple "title_player_account" entities in a single request, in the result, read the associated display names stored in each of the objects.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.