question

Max Guernsey, III avatar image
Max Guernsey, III asked

Catalog item: meaning of multiple prices for one item

When creating a catalog item, there is the option to set multiple prices. There are two ways to interpret this and I cannot disambiguate with Bing searches like "playfab catalog meaning of multiple prices".

One interpretation is that these prices are alternatives. e.g., A real money price of 99 and a gold coins price of 125 means it would cost you either $0.99 or 125 gold coins.

The other interpretation is that all the lines together represent the combined price. e.g., An item with a gold coin cost of 25 and a ruby cost of 5 would require both 25 gold coins and 5 rubies to purchase.

Which of these is correct?

I'm sure the answer is out there, somewhere, but I could not find it.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Max Guernsey, III avatar image Max Guernsey, III commented ·

I'm nearing the point where I can easily determine this for myself. If someone else doesn't post an answer, I should have one in a few days, tops

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

You can try it via calling PurchaseItem API. The properties of request include VirtualCurrenty and Price, which are required there. It means when the purchase, only one VC is required. Hence the prices are alternative, players only need to select one.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Max Guernsey, III avatar image Max Guernsey, III commented ·

That is what I had hoped.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.