question

Daniel González avatar image
Daniel González asked

Can't update iOS Push Notifications PEM after expiration

iOS certificates for Push Notification expire after a year, so being a responsible dev I renewed it a month before it expired and proceeded to update Playfab configuration.

My surprise was that it just can't be done through the developer console, so I tried using the Admin API, and used the OverwriteOldARN parameter set to true.

Sadly I get an error from the SNS side.

{
  "code": 400,
  "status": "BadRequest",
  "error": "PushServiceError",
  "errorCode": 1095,

"errorMessage": "The service returned an error with Error Code 
InternalFailure and HTTP Body: <ErrorResponse 
xmlns=\"http://sns.amazonaws.com/doc/2010-03-31/\">\n  
<Error>\n  <Type>Receiver</Type>\n  
<Code>InternalFailure</Code>\n  </Error>\n  
<RequestId>350e3ebb-9b2f-5029-8d1a-6995c42ce1e4</RequestId>\n</ErrorResponse>\n"
}

So at this point, I tried the weird workaround that has been given as a valid solution several times on this forum. That is changing the title's name, so another ARN is generated... but wait... I can see in the users' profile the url of the ARN they already registered. Am I going to lose the ability to send them notifications if another ARN name is created?

Push Notifications
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask what's the title ID? Are you currently in paid tier subscription plan? If so, it is recommended to submit a support ticket and the dedicated support will help you keep track of this issue and our engineer team will provide feedback in time.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.