question

MoonHeonYoung avatar image
MoonHeonYoung asked

chat log save question

I am trying to store string text data in a playfab using photonchat.

What function should be used to store large size string data of multiple users?

(Eg. title internal data.. per key)

And every night I want to download the json data to my computer and reset the storage.

(To prevent data storage from becoming very large)

Is there any way to automate this process??

(task?bulk job??cloud code?does this feature exist in playfab?)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> What function should be used to store large size string data of multiple users?

Title Data or Title Internal Data does not apply to any data read/write which triggered by players. You can check the documentation for the detailed explanation about the storage mechanism of Title Data.

If it is a lightweight chat system, we would suggest using shared group data to store the temporary chat logs. Please check the documentation especially its warning to learn about shared group data's limitations.

>> And every night I want to download the json data to my computer and reset the storage. Is there any way to automate this process??

You need to request the shared group data via API GetSharedGroupData in your server application to download data. Besides, PlayFab does not provide a "list shared groups" function. CloudScript and Scheduled Tasks are not suitable for bulk actions for Shared Groups, so you may need to record the shared group IDs on the server and use server API UpdateSharedGroupData to empty the data values in bulk.

For your case, if you want a better data management experience, we would suggest you store the chat history record data in the external database directly. PlayFab is not specialized in big data storage. You can consider using external cloud database services for more advanced data management.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.