question

Jackie Youwakim avatar image
Jackie Youwakim asked

Adding CustomId to an existing player

Hello!

I am trying to update my players contact email, but the only way to do so is by using AddOrUpdateContactEmail which only works when using LoginWithCustomID. Though I use RegisterPlayFabUser for my players to sign up which doesn't create a CustomID, so I need to add one to my new players, but I can't seem to find how it can be done.

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Adding contact email doesn’t require custom ID. As long as there is valid login identity (session ticket), players will be able to add contact email via AddOrUpdateContactEmail API call, which has been double confirmed in my testing title.

Can you provide the detailed error message?

PS. To add custom ID for the player, first this player should log into the account. With a valid session ticket, the player can call LinkCustomID to bind a custom ID.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.