question

Andrew Irvine avatar image
Andrew Irvine asked

Unreal: Blueprint ExecuteCloudScript cannot find functions (nor can any other node)

I've followed the Cloud Script quick start to add a very basic test function to my revision document. I've tried all the different nodes I can find in Unreal BP, I'm passing the right info (AFAIK) and I'm getting back a variation on:

"errorMessage":"No function named getNewChamp was found to execute"

I get the same error message for the built in functions too. The function takes no arguments, is it ok to just leave the Function Parameter blank? Can someone point me in the right direction please? At least the right node would help.

Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andrew Irvine avatar image
Andrew Irvine answered

Fixed it. I found the right node and the script needed a handler instead of just a function declaration, now it works great.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Yes, it needs to be a handler, and, for tutorials on writing custom CloudScript, you can refer to this doc:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/cloudscript/writing-custom-cloudscript

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.