question

Nithin avatar image
Nithin asked

Can i get event_log into game ?

So basically, I've created an event on click of a button to send some game information into play-stream. Now, if many users information is posted, is there a way to get that information back into game through scripts...any API kind of thing like that ?

Player DataPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It is not supported by PlayFab that retrieving PlayStream event via API call because PlayStream Events are for administrative and analytical purposes.

May I know more details of your scenario?

PlayFab is based on RESTful API. Most information requires clients sending requests so that clients can retrieve from the callback. Unless it is an Event-Triggered Rules and sending push notification as the action. Please refer to the documentation:

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nithin avatar image Nithin commented ·

Thank you @SethDu for the information... Actually, my requirement is, I need information of players who have entered the event in a span of 15 min. So, i'm thinking to call "GetServerTime" when player joined the event and collecting all players' time of joining after sometime...

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Nithin commented ·

Yes, it sounds good. Even though there is no API can do it, after the event is posted, you may use Event History to find those events. Moreover, it is recommended to use PlayFab Explorer to execute advanced query to filter and list those events in a preferred format. Explorer is based on Azure Data Explorer and is using Kusto Query Language.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.