question

Jangus avatar image
Jangus asked

How to downgrade to free tier

I have a title that is getting charged $99 every month, I was under the impression that I wouldn't be charged until I have 100k players.

How do I downgrade to free tier?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'm talking to the billing team, as it sounds like the account setup process may have a confusing step that's causing a few folks to choose the Standard tier, rather than the free tier. I can move your account to the free tier, assuming it has no titles with 100K or more player accounts, and you're okay with not having ticket-based support (free tier is only forums).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Quick follow-up: I've just confirmed that if you're in our legacy pricing and you upgrade to the new pricing, if all your titles are below 100K MAU, you are converted to the free tier. And if you create a new studio in the service, that will always be in the free tier. It looks like the only way to be in the new pricing model's paid tiers is to either a) convert from legacy pricing with a title over 100K player accounts (in which case there's a notification about this in the process), or b) you use the Upgrade Account button to change from free to Standard.

If you believe you found another way to get into the Standard tier, could you detail the steps you took? Meanwhile, if you can confirm you want us to move you to the free tier (see immediately above), we can do that.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.