question

pitawan avatar image
pitawan asked

Can't disable 'Allow non-unique player display names'

Hi PlayFab,

I have ticked 'Allow non-unique player display names' on Title settings, without seeing the warning! T^T

We can't be used the searching player by the display name. And I want to turn it off, but I can't.

I want the best practice to resolve it. Please help me.

Thank you very much!

Player Datasupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

As the warning said, if you have already set your title to non-unique display name, you cannot change the title setting back to “unique display name”. The non-unique display name cannot be used to query. You need to use other account info for queries, such as PlayFabId. This thread contains a detailed discussion about this design that non-unique display names cannot be used for queries, you can refer to it.

So, you may need to create a new title then migrate the original title content to it, to have a title whose setting is “disable the non-unique display name”. PlayFab provides a CLI tool that can be used to do title migrations.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.