question

Ilse Mul avatar image
Ilse Mul asked

how to add topic to your post

Quick question:

How can I add a topic to my post when there's nothing suitable to select?

Thanks for the help!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Edited:

Ah, I see, looks like you don't have access to it, only administrators can do that. As a workaround, for this "php" case, please select the most relevant topic instead, which is "SDKs" . Or, you can '@' us in your question so that we can manually add a topic for your question.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You can select the most relevant topic or enter a custom one you define.

3 comments
10 |1200

Ilse Mul avatar image Ilse Mul commented ·

Sorry for responding so late. RL issues came up.

Just to clarify: I tried simply typing something in the box. Nothing came up. I've tried using "enter" after I had typed in the topic, but that only resulted in the topic disappearing. Same goes for using a comma. So..... how can I enter a custom one that I define?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Ilse Mul commented ·

You need to click that custom topic in the drop-down list, like this:

0 Likes 0 ·
pic1.png (15.0 KiB)
Ilse Mul avatar image Ilse Mul Citrus Yan commented ·

Unfortunately I do not get that option. php is what I typed in. All it says for me is : No matches found as you can see. Clicking on that will leave me with an empty field again. Clicking php leaves me with an empty field as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ilse Mul avatar image
Ilse Mul answered

@FranklinChen Thank you for selecting the "Best Answer". But actually, in my case the answer you selected was NOT the best answer as it didn't work. I need to use the work around. Apparently I don't have access to the "Best Answer" solution. I can imagine there are more people who have a similar/the same problem.

I didn't select a "Best Answer" since, truth be told, a work around which gives other people extra work, doesn't sound like best solution to me. But that's maybe how I select best answers (or not).

For those who can use the solution suggested in the "Best Answer", it's great :)

Thank you, @Citrus Yan, for the work around. I hope a good solution/explanation as to why I can't (Yet?) select a topic will be implemented/given soon!

2 comments
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Sorry for the confusion made earlier, the truth is that currently only administrators such as us can perform such operations.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ilse Mul avatar image Ilse Mul Citrus Yan commented ·

Ah I see! Okay :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.