question

Gabriel Dechichi avatar image
Gabriel Dechichi asked

Anyway to define BuildMetadata in MockVmAgent's MultiplayerSettings.json?

At the moment some of our game logic uses the BuildMetadata (defined in the Build Template when creating a new container in the Game Manager) and I would like to test that the config can be read correctly by our server (we use Unreal servers which don't have a proper GSDK, so we wrote our own).

The MockVmAgent, used to test the GSDK locally, seems like the perfect place to define and test build configurations, but as of now there doesn't seem to be anyway to define that in MultiplayerSettings.json.

Could something like this be added, or at least could the MockVmAgent source become available in GitHub so I could try to implement this myself?

Thanks,

Gabriel

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not very clear about your requirement. The Windows version of docker image is maintained by PlayFab, developers are unable to modify it. Anything about server build configuration, you may conclude it in the assert file of server build.

C++ GSDK will be recommended in Unreal Engine, please refer to the case study on: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/playfabgsdk_guide.

In addition, if you believe the local debugging tools doesn’t fulfill your needs, you may implement Visual Studio debugging tools: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/allocating-game-servers-and-configuring-vs-debugging-tools

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

DP avatar image DP commented ·

I think they mean how might one provide the "buildMetadata" portion of the gsdkConfig.json file when using mockVmAgent. It's part of the new server build UI as well in playfab's web app.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.