question

Lothar avatar image
Lothar asked

Help about my possible architecture

Hi,
if i can I need your experience.
I designed my possible game architecture for my turn base online game.
What is my need:

1) have an Authorative Server
2) don't connect client to the game server...to avoid any kind of cheating
3) Use my custom server, possible linux to reduce the costs becouse we are a not rich startup

This is the architectural I think.
The think I don't know how to do is the routing part into the playfab.
Is it possible?

Is possible via CloudScript? Other API?

I really apreciate your Help

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lothar avatar image Lothar commented ·

This is the Image

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

Could you please clarify what does the match manager server use for? It is a persistent server?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lothar avatar image Lothar Sarah Zhang commented ·

What do you mean for persistent server?

0 Likes 0 ·

MAtchMacking will be use to combine two players in the same queue and to receve a Unique ID of the match. After that match ID will be send to the custom gameserver to manage the match.

Custom gameserver will verify movments, attack and other sending the confirmation to client.

The clients will have only the graphical part and the front end of the match.

0 Likes 0 ·
Lothar avatar image
Lothar answered

MAtchMacking will be use to combine two players in the same queue and to receve a Unique ID of the match. After that match ID will be send to the custom gameserver to manage the match.

Custom gameserver will verify movments, attack and other sending the confirmation to client.

The clients will have only the graphical part and the front end of the match.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lothar avatar image Lothar commented ·

sorry for my double answer... I'm learning how the forum works

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Lothar commented ·

If so, it’s possible. PlayFab has integrated the PlayFab MatchMaking feature and PlayFab MultiplayerServer. You can check the documentations -- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/ for more details. After you set the queue configuration in the Game Manager, Player can call CreateMatchmakingTicket to start the MatchMaking, then players can loop the API call GetMatchmakingTicket to get the matchmaking state, after they matched, the API GetMatchmakingTicket will return a matchId.

You can host the custom server on PlayFab Multiplayer Server service, and you can integrate the Multiplayer Server with MatchMaking according to this doc.

After you integrate them, PlayFab Matchmaking server will allocate a server session for every one match, players can call the API GetMatch to get the server session's IP and port number, and the matchId would be the server session’s sessionId. You can manage the server sessions using Mutiplayer API set. The PlayFab MultiplayerServer is designed for server sessions, it does not suitable for hosting a persistent server. We suggest every server session’s running time is about an hour.

0 Likes 0 ·

Clear, but with your Multiplayer server I've to Pay extra cost and not only the Playfab cost. isn't it?

MultiPlayer Server Pricing

The Custom Linux server I found cost onlu 8€ per month.

We are a new start up game company...we are not rich as othe companies

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Lothar avatar image
Lothar answered

this is the Idea

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.