question

emaalouly1 avatar image
emaalouly1 asked

SharedGroupData Keys to Remove NotAuthorized Error?

Hello,

I have been using the UpdateSharedGroupData on the client side for a month now and it has been working perfectly. Now I noticed that it stopped working:

- No data is being retrieved because the permission is set to private (I have set it to public and now it can read it again)

- Removing keys is giving me a "NotAuthorized" error

Has the functionality of UpdateSharedGroupData changed? Because I couldn't find anything about it in the documentation?

And how can I delete keys now from the client side?

Thanks!

Shared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Nothing has changed in the code for Shared Group Data - that's the correct behavior for a user who hasn't been added to the group (AddSharedGroupMembers). In general, we would advise not adding users to Shared Group Data, as doing so gives the client full write access to the data - meaning that a hacked client could write absolutely anything to it. The most common way to use Shared Group Data is via Cloud Script, where you have Server API access, and can make controlled changes according to your own server authoritative logic.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

emaalouly1 avatar image emaalouly1 commented ·

I made sure that the client removing the key from the sharedgroupdata was part of the group, and I still got the NotAuthorized error. In all cases I will switch this logic to the server side since it would be better for securing the data.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan emaalouly1 commented ·

That would be your best plan, yes. But if you're seeing a user who has been added to a Shared Group Data not being able to perform those actions, could you please share the Title ID, Shared Group ID, and PlayFab ID, so that we can have a look?

0 Likes 0 ·
emaalouly1 avatar image emaalouly1 brendan commented ·

Sure I can share them, but should I share them here? or through email? or is there a private message option so I can send it to you?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
chrissimon avatar image
chrissimon answered

Hi @Brendan,

I have a similar issue.

Title ID - A0D3

Shared group ID - Invites-99232A84AD5B5578

PlayfabID - 99232A84AD5B5578

Though Im a member, i get a not authorised error.

2 comments
10 |1200

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

As it's been a while since the original report and it was working as designed at the time, can you please share more details about the problem you're running into today? You may even want to start a new thread to avoid conflating separate issues.

0 Likes 0 ·
chrissimon avatar image chrissimon Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Hi,
Sorry about that. Though I think I have the exact same error. Anyways, I have started a new thread.

https://community.playfab.com/questions/22395/not-able-to-delete-a-key-from-a-shared-group-thoug.html

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.