question

Artur Czapiewski avatar image
Artur Czapiewski asked

Free tier limits

Hello. I see on your website that you no longer display limits for free tier. The only limit I can see is 100k users. Does it means that there is no limit until we hit 100k users or there is a limit but not specified anywhere?

limitspricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The free tier in new pricing model now is called development mode, which shares the same title limits as Standard Plan, except the number of total player accounts. Please navigate to the [Game Manager] -> [Title Settings] -> [Limits] to review the title limits.

You may refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/pricing-overview to review the detailed pricing plan.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Artur Czapiewski avatar image Artur Czapiewski commented ·

By looking at link you shared it seems that your statement that "The free tier in new pricing model now is called development mode, which shares the same title limits as Standard Plan, except the number of total player accounts." is invalid. From what I can see on shared website, titles in development mode have much smaller limits. It is a little anoying that pricing page is changing this much. I get that it is free so I should be greatful for getting anything at all but there was also an issue previously with free vms. You promoted on your pricing page that free accounts get 750 vm hours for free but then after creating an account this option was unavailable. I asked here and got the response that I need to first ask for it if I need it which was not specified anywhere in documentation. Some people claim that development mode can support max of 10.000 players, now I see in your docs that it is actually 100.000 players. You claim that development mode have the same limits but when I look into your docs, limits for development mode are much smaller for example: profile reads 60mln vs 5mln.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.